This restaurant is located in Gk2 M Block Market ( second half ) this market is fast becoming known for quality cafes and eating joints. China garden is one of the older, bigger and better known restaurants of the neighbor hood. As you walk into their lobby (the entire groung floor! Sizes of most restaurants) you well know that your entering a classy, high end place. Straight ahead lies a five feet, hand painted Chinese plate, on your left you are mesmerized with a floor to ceiling waterfall, Next to it an all glass staircase leading to the dining floors which at that point can only hope would be my stairs to culinary ecstasy....
As I entered I was warmly greeted.. they register personal information as you enter "we like to know our guests" I was told. I happily comply. I am then escorted to the third floor by the elevator which opens to a floor that I can only best describe as open, airy, and classy! The decor is modern done in the most understated yet classy way.. as I walk to the table I am further greeted by a gentlemen who later took my order and served me. When presented with the menu the first thing you see is a page with never ending photos of this restaurants achievements.. best restaurant awards numerous times, most hygienic restaurant, etc etc.
The menu is an extensive one and therefore your are best advised to go with their recommendations... I did! And here is my take on the whole thing..
1) The Gin Chicken: crispy round balls of chicken marinated with gin, house spices and coriender recomended to be eaten with the lemon coriender table sauce.
A juicy Beautifully balanced dish, a great innovation.
2) Moo Goo Thong: a thick mushroom soup.
Very nice to the point ..If you like mushrooms you wil like this
3) Lou Spare Ribs : pork spare ribs marinated with chinese wine and chinese five spice twice cooked.
This was amazing! The meat just fell off the ribs it was delicious.
4) Fish Black Olives: sole fish fillet stir fried with chinese black olives and schezwan salt and pepper.
You basically get three small fillets, it is de de boned and Divine.. It keeps you wanting more.
5) Butter Chilly Garlic Prawns: small rock prawns stir fried with butter chilly and garlic
Tastes exactly as it sounds yummy buttery could have used a little more chilly..but all in all a good dish.
6) Korean Fried Rice: fried rice with Korean kimchi vegetables.
This rice was spicy..a little too much for me.
7) Soya Wine Fish : opted for again sole fish fillet stir fry this time with soya wine and green chillies
Again a divine dish. Cooked perfectly! Their seafood is amazing as you don't get a single hint/ smell of seafood
8) Water chestnuts, Black Mushrooms, Snow Peas Dry Yellow Bean Stir Fry: yellow bean is like black bean but a little different its saltier more pungent.
Fabulos dish..was well prepared and cooked perfectly! The snow peas was crunchy the mushrooms juicy and the waterchesnuts succlunt..all three combined togeter is a ingeneous dish.
9) Lastly, the Chicken Dry Chinese Ginger Curry: basically this is a spicy dish best eaten with plain steamed rice..it is chciken cooked for hours in curry and ginger paste filtered right before serving it.
This was a full flavoured dish and most recommended for delhiites . ..the subtle hints of ginger made this a dish unlike anything I have eaten.
The food at china garden is a culinary journey! The menu is huge and is designed for everybody! You must be a true foodie with an open mind in order to enjoy the experience. The chefs at the restaurant truely are innovaters, chinese cooking methods applied to innovative recipies ...chances are you will be served dishes you have never heard of or read about.. the experience truly is unique! I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for quality, unique food, and services. Thumbs up!