It was a hot sunny day and unexpectedly the weather turned very pleasant with unanticipated shower in the evening, cooling the entire environment. "FOOD" is what came to my mind, no better way to enjoy on such a wonderful evening. After my meeting I headed straight to Ruci & Idoni and started my dinner. I need not talk about the ambiance as most of the folks might have known about it. I was promptly seated at the glass wall overlooking the kitchen.
I have thought not to order any dish of my choice, rather I preferred to take the choice of the restaurant staff to serve me whatever they feel like. I checked with Mr Praveen and Ms Sarana to get anything and that would be fine with me.
And here goes my gastronomic journey;
- Mango Mint slush - this a very pleasant chilled mango drink with crushed mint, the soothing taste of Mango complemented well with the pungent and refreshing mint. I really loved it.
- Chicken Teriyaki skewers - Teriyaki Chicken is a Japanese dish, good size of chicken pieces were used and properly marinated which is then grilled. It was amazing with the flavours of soy sauce and honey, which are very evident in the dish. I would recommend this if you have a liking towards Japanese cuisine, else you many not like it.
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken - long cut boneless chicken marinated in butter milk for 45 mins and deep fried. The chicken is juicy inside and crispy outside which is the uniqueness of this dish. The flavor of butter milk is very subtle and its one of my favorite here. It is well complimented with the bell pepper sauce. The presentation was perfect and very enticing.
- Chicken Bruchette - this is a simple dish made of shredded chicken cooked in white sauce, served over bread and drizzled with olive oil. Again I would like to mention the flavor is very mild.
- Cajun Grilled River Sole - I am not sure how many folks had this, I for one who loves spicy food was dumbfounded with this one. After having the two mild and subtle chicken dishes this was a feast to my palate, my tasted buds got the stimulus that was required. It is a single large slice of sole fish marinated in Cajun seasoning and grilled. Cajun seasoning is a blend of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano and thyme. The fish was appropriately and flawlessly cooked. Presented on potatoes wedges, broccoli and lettuce. Presentation was so amazing I thought for a while how to disturb it. I am so engrossed and impressed by the flavors of this dish; I am going to have it every time I visit this place. It is a perfect combination for this rainy weather.
- Rich Fantasy Shake - it is a rich milk shake with Vanilla ice cream, Almonds, Cashew nuts, Walnuts and Caramel. I can say this in actuality a very thick shake.
- Fruit Affogato - this is a creation / invention of Mr.Praveen which now rightly got its place on the menu. It is a freshly brewed coffee in a scoop of chocolate ice cream, topped with fresh cream and fresh fruits like kiwi fruit, strawberry, apple and pomegranate seeds. This is a perfect ending to a scrumptious dinner. Though I am not a big fan of coffee but I am so perplexed with the aroma and flavour of coffee and how well the fruits complemented the coffee, it was out of my reach to express. All coffee lovers this is my sincere recommendation.
- Pink Lemonade Fizz - it is strawberry and lemon concoction.
I have a tendency of meeting the Chef where ever I dine, I had a very long conversation with the Chef Raj, and I appreciated Ms. Sarana and Mr Praveen for suggesting my dinner for the night. The services were spot on and prompt.
I am over the moon; thought I could not see moon due to rain, but was totally content with food. The food portions were really generous and I was totally stuffed. This is my third visit to this place and a complete gastronomic tour. My last visit was a disappointment, so I thought to re-visit this place to get second opinion. I am a big time fan of Ohri's group and for sure they would not disappoint their customers, they are 33 years brand. I do understand some glitches here and there but as a common man I don't expect them with so much expertise and experience to commit any errors in their service and food. We expect very high standards. We want you to be more systematic, organized and well equipped, when you serve to large groups. I hope the management would consider my humble suggestion in a positive manner.
Food Quantity 4.5/5
Food Quality 4.5/5